performance for people
If the job could talk, what would it tell you?
Are you experiencing any of these problems?
- High turnover
- Low first-year staff retention
- Poor performance by new-hires
- Long training times, remediation needed after hiring
- High absenteeism
- Poor customer service
- Cost of new-hire training above industry norms
According to many recruiters, hiring the wrong person costs an average of 250% of the position’s annual salary – now multiply that by the number of people you hire per year. That number is staggering for most businesses, and the Society for Human Resource Management puts it even higher: up to 500%!
What makes that number even more surprising is that most businesses suffer more than they have to. Common business hiring practices focus on three primary decision points: the resume, the interview, and the candidate’s past education. Combined and identified correctly, these three factors have a meager 35% chance of helping you pick the right candidate – barely better than 1 in 3! (Schmidt et al, 1998)
- The candidate’s experience only becomes significant where both the job and the environment are nearly identical to previous work
- Education is generally a poor predictor, except for those just entering the workforce
- The interview is inherently biased by the personality and expectations of the interviewer
Instead, why not have the job tell you what it needs?
Every position has unique needs: skills, personal strengths, behavior factors, motivations. We have a proven process for discovering those needs and identifying those qualities in your top candidates, helping you choose the right person for the job.
Just some of the benefits:
- Reduced turnover
- Improved reputation as an employer
- New-hires are up and running faster
- Lower training cost per employee
- Higher job satisfaction among your staff
Call us today or contact us through the website to find out how to get started.